Powered by Blogger.

Cosy Little Birds Sleeping

    One of my long-time favorite companies has been ISAK. Sandra Isaksson is an incredibly talented designer of so many beautiful and inspiring things and she recently just came out with her Strawberry Penguin Blanket made of 100% pure new Norwegian wool that comes from sheep on fresh Norwegian mountain pastures (how good does that sound?). Just for a little trivia, did you know that wool can absorb moisture without losing its ability to insulate, is naturally flame retardant and is dirt repellent? I can't think of anything more perfectly suitable for kids!
    I'm posting these pictures of beautiful loft beds by CASAKids with a bit of hesitation because I don't want Bean to catch wind of them, otherwise she will relentlessly beg me to buy one. Good news (for me) is, we actually can't functionally have a loft bed because we need a bunk bed (2 beds!) since both girls are comfortably squeezed into one room. However, if we should ever find ourselves with a bedroom for each girl, I would probably have to spring for one of these beauties - they are so functionally designed.
    Hi again...oh, where do I begin? Perhaps you've noticed a lapse in my blog posts and honestly, I haven't been reading any of my favorite blogs either - haven't had a stitch of time. My Google Reader is almost foreign to me. For some who know, we've been opening a restaurant here in Seattle called Bastille Cafe & Bar that just opened this evening. My part in the restaurant conception was almost null except for the fact that I've been trying to stabilize the home while my husband spends nearly every waking (and sleeping) minute consumed by designing and opening his dream restaurant on schedule. Our normal routine has been shaken up in recent weeks, so that is my reason for pausing briefly - sometime it's just necessary.

    I received a nice email from Cécile at Smallable who introduced me to a new-to-me French shop that is loaded with beautiful, beautiful things for children. I actually thought this cozy goose down Violet Coccoon Sleeping Bag by Swedish designer, Margot Barolo, was so appropriate after a whirlwind week. I would love nothing more than to curl up in a cozy little nest, surrounded by warmth
    There's something about Spring that inspires the feeling of wanting to buy new bedding. Some crisp, bright colored bedding and fluffy new pillows. Well, in reality I don't buy new bedding, of course but it sounds nice, doesn't it? Instead, I'll just tear off everyone's sheets and duvets, give them a good cleaning and throw some colorful pillows on the bed to make it feel like new. I love practically all of the bedding that Anthropologie has to offer and thought this bright Sleep Safari bedding was so darling! Hello spring!
    I'd like to welcome Olli & Lime to Kids Haus as our first sponsor. I'm truly thrilled to have the opportunity to applaud this husband and wife team in their efforts to make sophisticated and fun children's bedroom furnishings whilst respecting the environment in using recycled materials and recycling what they use. They've designed great prints with vibrant colors fitting for a child's bedroom and beyond. Their blog also shares DIY projects to make your own wall art and a fun storage box using the Carrie wallpaper (could also make great holiday gift boxes).
    How many of you have a sleeping bag with a cartoon character on it? I see a lot of hands raised. These wonderful, waffle fabric sleeping bags by Koeka are just the opposite and are exactly what the doctor ordered. They can be folded up and snapped into a soft pillow when it's not being used as a sleeping bag. The colors are perfect...

Post Title

Cosy Little Birds Sleeping


Post URL

http://animalfunnypictures.blogspot.com/2011/07/cosy-little-birds-sleeping.html


Visit Animal Funny Pictures for Daily Updated Animal Funny Pictures Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List